RUN YOUR 5K ANYTIME & ANYWHERE
Receive That Beautiful 3.5" Medal (pictured) as a Symbol of Your Commitment to Raising Awareness for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention - Run It Alone or Form a Team
It is important that we change the culture of this topic and make it ok to speak about mental health and suicide. It’s when the lines of communication are open, the stigma behind it will fade away. Mental illness is real and it’s affects the lives of everyone in the world, both directly and indirectly. If you are living with a mental illness, that’s it's ok to be not ok. What’s important is that you are getting the help that you need. Educate, Embrace and Empower.
Let's join together and run to raise awareness for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention....
How to Participate in a Virtual Race:
1. Walk OR Run for 3.10 miles (5K) anytime.
2. Take a clear post-run picture of you and your run phone app or running watch.
3. Upload your run/walk distance and picture to the FB event page (Discussion Tab)
Our Mental Health Matters 5k Runners Will Receive:
* A beautiful full color Oversized 3.5" medal (As Pictured In The Banner) with Custom Ribbon
(mailed to your registration address - U.S. addresses)
* A warm and fuzzy feeling that you have directly helped those who are desperately in need with a percentage of the registration going to the designated charity below.
ABOUT THE CHARITY:
Charity Website: NAMI, National Alliance for Mental Illness
Mental illness affects people of all ages, and it’s imperative that those living with metal illness receive the treatment they need. This is particularly important with children and teens. NAMI works closely with young people to provide them with support, treatment and empowerment strategies.