RUN or WALK a TOTAL of 19.69 Miles ANYTIME & ANYWHERE within 30 days!
The Stonewall Riots, also called the Stonewall Uprising, began in the early hours of June 28, 1969 when New York City police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay club located in Greenwich Village in New York City. The raid sparked a riot among bar patrons and neighborhood residents as police roughly hauled employees and patrons out of the bar, leading to six days of protests and violent clashes with law enforcement outside the bar on Christopher Street, in neighboring streets and in nearby Christopher Park. The Stonewall Riots, largely initiated and led by transgender people and people of color, served as a catalyst for the gay rights movement in the United States and around the world.
HOW DO I EARN THAT SPECTACULAR MEDAL?
Join us in participating in this month long, cumulative 19.69 mile run/walk/roll event. The average person walks between 1.5 and 2 miles per day so most people will be able to make this mileage during the month of June. All proceeds will go to support the nonprofit Family Equality (See More About The Charity Below).
Spectacular Custom Medal complete with glitter metalic!
This incredible medal is a Symbol of Your Commitment to PRIDE MONTH and the LGBT Community and fully supports Family Equality - A 501 (c) (3) Organization - See more about the charity below!
Online Printable Race Bib - CLICK HERE
Medals arrive and being shipping to registrants on July 10.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS VIRTUAL RACE / CHALLENGE:
Option 1: Facebook Group
Run or Walk using any tracking app such as Strava, RunKeeper, Runtastic, etc. and then submit your time to our Badass Virtual Run Facebook Group - CLICK HERE
Option 2: Strava Group
1. Join our Badass Running Company club on the Strava Run/Walk App by (CLICKING HERE).
2. Using Strava, Run or Walk for 3.1 miles (5K) or 6.2 miles (10K)
3. Save your Activity as "Summer of Love 19.69 Virtual Race".
Use #BadassRunnerForCharity anywhere on social media.
The Summer of Love Virtual Finishers Will Receive:
* A Spectacular Custom Medal complete with Custom Ribbon (mailed to your registration
* Online printable race bib - CLICK HERE
* A warm and fuzzy feeling that you have directly helped people in the LGBT community with 60% of the gross registration fee going to Family Equality
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Website: Family Equality
- We envision a future where all LGBTQ families, regardless of creation or composition, live in communities that recognize, respect, protect, and value them.
- We envision a world in which every LGBTQ person has the right and the opportunity to form and sustain a loving family, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, geography, socioeconomic status, disability, or the intersection of those characteristics.
- Finally, we envision systems of service and support that are free of discrimination and that maximize opportunities for LGBTQ youth needing permanency and LGBTQ adults seeking family formation through adoption, foster care, assisted reproductive technology or other means.