RUN or WALK YOUR 10K ANYTIME & ANYWHERE..
Gumbo Limbo 10K Migration Madness is all about supporting Sea Turtle Conservation, Rehabilitation & Research. Each registration gives back a full 50% of your registration fees which funds all three elements of saving sea turtles through the programs at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in South Florida.
YOUR MEDAL EARNED:
An incredible 4" x 4" Inch 3-Dimensional Medal complete with 1.5" Custom Ribbon (pictured) is your way of saying I support saving sea turtles.
YOUR SHIRT EARNED:
The race tees are awesome, they are made from a blend of recycled cotton and recycled plastic for a comfy, everyday feel. They are also made in the Southeast USA! Choose your size carefully under the Shirt Size Option field.
Shipping of Medals & Shirts estimated beginning of July.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS VIRTUAL RACE / CHALLENGE:
Option 1: Facebook Group
Run or Walk using any tracking app such as Strava, RunKeeper, Runtastic, etc. and then submit your time to our Badass Virtual Run Facebook Group - CLICK HERE
Option 2: Strava Group
1. Join our Badass Running Company club on the Strava Run/Walk App by (CLICKING HERE).
2. Using Strava, Run or Walk for 3.1 miles (5K).
3. Save your Activity as "Run For The Sea Turtles 10K Virtual Run".
DON'T WANT TO FB or STRAVA? No worries, your medal will be mailed as the above participation is optional.
Gumbo Limbo 10K Runners & Walkers Will Receive:
* An exceptional 4" x 4" 3-D finisher medal (as pictured above) with Custom Ribbon. (mailed to your registration address)
* A beautifully crafted tech shirt to show off you completed the Gumbo Limbo 10K Migration Madness 6.2 miles
* A printable race bib made specially for your virtual run - Coming Soon!
* A warm and fuzzy feeling that your registration has directly helped provide a donation which will directly go towards conservation and rescue of sea turtles.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
It all began in the 1970's as a an idea and a little park space for a sea turtle conservation program. In the 1980's Gumbo Limbo Friends of the Nature Center became a 501 C 3 and a grant was provided to build the Gumbo Limbo Center. Throughout the 2000's the center continued to grow and become one of the largest centers for rehabilitation and conserving Sea Turtles in the United States. Every year Gumbo Limbo offers a 10K Race & 1 Mile Fun Run for raising funds for the center, this year an in-person event is not possible so we thank you for participating in the 10K virtual run which equally supports Gumbo Limbo.