EVERY REGISTRATION PROVIDES FUNDING TO KIDS IN DISTRESS,
a licensed nationally accredited agency working for the prevention of child abuse, preservation of the family, and the treatment of abused and neglected children.
RUN or WALK YOUR 5K ANYTIME & ANYWHERE
As all of us remain under a "Stay At Home" ordinance, it clearly allows us to get out of the home and run, walk, bike and just be grateful to be outdoors. Badass Running Company is giving back to those who most need it, Kids In Distress, now more than ever we need to help prevent child abuse and neglect. Remember to keep a 6 foot distancing between others even when outside.
The Gigantic 4 Inch Stay At Home Medal Features Transparent Shingle Texture, Translucent Windows and the Coolest New Feature, a 1.5 Inch Sliding Runner. Medal has the year engraved into the back to remember this historic time period. The medal is earned with your 3.1 mile run or walk but it's a true declaration that you support helping others who are less fortunate at this time. CUSTOM MEDALS TAKE 30 PLUS DAYS TO MAKE - We estimate medals will ship to all registrants around April 30, 2020.
Online Printable Race Bib Available Now! CLICK HERE
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN A VIRTUAL RACE:
(These Steps are Optional but Encouraged)
1. Simply download the Strava App on your iPhone or Android Phone, join the Badass Running Company “Club” (CLICK HERE) and click “I’m Going” to the "Stay At Home 5K" Event
2. Using Strava Run or Walk for 3.1 miles (5K) anytime and anywhere.
3. Save your Activity Title as "Stay At Home 5K" and get massive Kudos for your effort from us and others in our Strava Badass Running Club Community.
Use #StayAtHome5K anywhere on social media.
(Don't Worry! If you decide not to join our Strava Club we will still be mailing you your spectacular finisher's medal!)
Stay At Home 5K Runners & Walkers Will Receive:
* A beautiful full color oversized 4" finisher medal (as pictured above) with custom ribbon. (mailed to your registration address)
* Online printable race bib (CLICK HERE)
* A warm and fuzzy feeling that your registration has directly helped prevent child abuse and neglect and made strides towards preserving families.
ABOUT THE CHARITY:
KIDS IN DISTRESS programs have been around since 1979 but have expanded into a comprehensive continuum of care that fills the gaps and meets the needs of at-risk children and families in our community. Today, they boast a 5 acre campus with wide spread community-based programs such as prevention, intervention, foster care, family counseling; and educational programs. See their website for more info.